Curious things I’ve learned during pregnancy:
- “Eat your Water” when dehydrated eat juicy, watery fruits. That will keep you from being dehydrated while drinking enormous amounts of water seem to go right through. Though it is also recommended to drink lots of water too. Just saying, eating the fruits will take care of the unquenchable thirst.
- Cera Ve lotion reduces “chicken skin” condition.
- Try not to start any new therapies, treatments, etc.
- Be careful with massage tools and getting massages. Maybe avoid if possible.
- Stay away from stressful people if possible.
- Sleep closer to the bathroom. You’re likely to have to get up to use it constantly throughout the night.
- Don’t sleep on your back later in the last trimester. Sleep on your side: Preferably your left side to reduce reflux symptoms.
- Don’t worry about all the “changes” which are usually temporary and not usually abnormal. Really investigate it first. Most of the changes that seem scary can be normal changes during pregnancy so don’t assume something is wrong until your doctor tells you so.
- Keep exercising or going on walks. Keep going to work. Try not to sleep too much.
- Download a pregnancy tracker app. I liked the “What to Expect when You’re Expecting” app which has community forums, articles, and related resources.
- Be yourself and keep having fun. Just because you’re a little uncomfortable doesn’t mean you should put life on hold. Go to social gatherings. (But be aware Your immune system is down so try to avoid sick people and possibly large crowds).
- Take your prenatals, but if they make you feel horrible (which many will) switch to the gummies. I liked Vitafol. Consume lots of Folic Acid (found in cantaloupe).
- Use a humidifier or diffuser to help with respiratory function and breathing.